About The Firm

History of the firm

Ted Watts came to Meadville, Pennsylvania, in August of 1976 after serving six years in the United States Army as a legal officer. Ted joined John V. Pepicelli as an associate in the firm of Pepicelli and Pepicelli. In those early years Ted met Alan Pepicelli who was then an undergraduate at the University of Pittsburgh. Alan is the son of the late Vincent J. Pepicelli who had co-founded the law firm with John.
In due time, Alan entered Duquesne University School of Law, Ted's alma mater, with the intention of joining the practice. Alan graduated in 1979. Ted and Alan practiced together in the original Pepicelli law firm on Chestnut Street for approximately 9 years until 1990 when they decided to strike out on their own. In January of 1991, Ted and Alan co-founded the present law firm, Watts and Pepicelli, P.C.
 
Soon the demands of the business required the addition of an associate, and accordingly, on November of 1991, Chris Ferry joined the firm. Chris is also a graduate of Duquesne University School of Law. He practiced real estate law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a real estate title company before coming to Meadville. Chris practices real estate and is currently the court-appointed Divorce Master for Crawford County.
 
During the 90's the firm continued to grow until in 1998, when it was necessary to add another associate to the firm. Mark Stevens, a Meadville native, joined the firm in the fall of 1998. Mark graduated magna cum laude from Duquesne University School of Law in 1995. Stevens was later sworn in as Crawford County Judge in 2009.
 
In 2013, Joseph Ferguson joined the firm. Joe is a 2012 graduate of Duquesne University School of Law.
 
Over the years Ted and Alan, while they were growing Watts and Pepicelli, P.C., have by necessity practiced in a wide variety of areas of the law. More recently, with the aid of Chris and Joe, they have had the ability to concentrate their focus on more specialized areas. Watts and Pepicelli now has become a full service law firm which represents clients in all but the most highly specialized areas of the law.

History of our building

Our office is located in the historic Judge David Derickson House at 916 Diamond Park. It was built in 1828 as a two-story Federal-style home by Judge Derickson, Judge of the 6th District. Purchased by Hiram L. Richmond (a former student of Judge Derickson) in 1848 for $4,500, it was enlarged in the Georgian style. An apartment immediately behind the residence may have been created from the original carriage house, and is said to have been a location for the Underground Railroad station. It was later owned by Judge F. Joseph Thomas, and many leading attorneys, including Judge Thomas, practiced here.
Call today! 814-336-4000
Share by: